|CURRICULUM OF THE “DOMENICO ZIPOLI ENSEMBLE”
The “Domenico Zipoli Ensemble” is an Italian group of musicians living near Venice, specialised in the exclusive repertoire of the music in the Jesuitic Reductions in South America (1609 – 1767). The Ensemble was founded in 1995 following the meeting with Maestro Luis Szarán in Paraguay studying, publishing and performing the world over this fantastic music, buried for centuries in the Bolivian forest. Artists belonging to this unique group have a prestigious personal curriculum as soloists or together with important orchestras in Italy and abroad.
It is internationally recognised as an important and qualified reference for the awareness and performance of the music in the Jesuitic Reductions in South America and it is often invited to hold Conferences and Concerts about this unique story in human mankind. Among the various conferences and concerts performed since 1995 there are those performed in Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil) in 1998 and in Prato near Florence in 1999, where Domenico Zipoli was born.
Other significant conferences and concerts have been held recently in 2004 in Udine (Italy) and in Romont in Switzerland. On October 18th, 2004 the Domenico Zipoli Ensemble performed a special concert with a conference in Spanish in honour of the President of the Republic of Paraguay visiting Italy at the Italian Latin America Institute in Rome. On February the 6th, 2005 the Sant’Egidio Community asked the Domenico Zipoli Ensemble to perform a special concert at the Santa Maria in Trastevere Church in Rome to celebrate the 37th Anniversary of their foundation.
On June the 10th, 2005 they held a special Concert with a conference in English at the United Nations Palace in Geneva (Switzerland) and the day after they performed a Concert at the famous Victoria Hall in the same city. On 10 November 2007 they performed a Conference and Concert at the Musée de Tessé in Le Mans (France) and on 12 November at the famous Eglise des Invalides in Paris.
The future activity is headed to continue studying the manuscripts of the Archives in Chiquitos (Bolivia) and from other sources in Latin America, together with concerts, conferences and recordings all over the world.
Maestro Luis Szarán
(Paraguay) is their artistic director.
- DOMENICO ZIPOLI, Vespri di S. Ignacio, critical edition by di Luis Szarán and Roberto Antonello, Pizzicato Edizioni Musicali P. 279 E., 1997.
- DOMENICO ZIPOLI, Misa a San Ignacio, critical edition by Luis Szarán and Roberto Antonello, Udine, Pizzicato Edizioni
Musicali P. 433 E., 1999.
- AA.VV., Principia seu elementa ad pulsandum organum et
cimbalum, critical edition by Luis Szarán and Roberto Antonello, Nürnberg, Edition Fundación Paracuaria Missions Prokur Nürnberg S.J., 1999; Armelin Edizioni Musicali 2001 FP 001.
- Domenico Zipoli, Una vida, un enigma di Luis Szarán.
Edizione in spagnolo della biografia del compositore pratese a cura
della Fundación Paracuaria, Jesuitenmission Nürnberg – Germania, 2005.
- CD: REDUCCIONES JESUITICAS “Misa a San Ignacio” – “Beatus Vir”
– “Confitebor” de Domenico Zipoli. Gruppo da Camera della Cappella
Civica di Trieste y Domenico Zipoli Ensemble director Luis Szarán.
Apoyo cultural ABN-AMRO Bank 1999.
- CD: MUSICA EN LAS REDUCCIONES JESUITICAS DEL AMERICA DEL SUR. Domenico
Zipoli y Autores Anonimos. Recopilación, transcripción y dirección
musical: Luis Szarán. Domenico Zipoli Ensemble de Italia y otros interpretes.
Apoyo cultural exclusivo: Fundación Paracuaria, Missions Prokur S.J.
- CD: CONCIERTO EN ROMA – Iubilaeum A.D. 2000 – Musica en las Reducciones
Jesuiticas de America del Sur. Domenico Zipoli. Intérpretes: Academia
Ars Canendi y Ensemble Zipoli de Venecia (Italia) – Director: Luis
Szarán. Apoyo cultural: Fundación Paracuaria, Missions Prokur S.J.
Nürnberg 2000 – American Airlines – Holding de Radio.
- CD: MUSICA EN LAS REDUCCIONES JESUITICAS y MISIONES FRANCISCANAS de
AMERICA del SUR (siglos XVII al XIX). MISAS San Francisco Xavier,
Palatina, Guarayos. Intérpretes: Academia Ars Canendi y Ensemble Zipoli
de Venecia (Italia) – Director: Luis Szarán. Apoyo cultural: Fundación
Paracuaria, Missions Prokur S.J. Nürnberg 2002
- CD: IL RITORNO (D. Zipoli and the Music in the Jesuitic Reductions in South America – Volume 01) – Live recording of the concert performed on 6 May 2000 at Chiesa del Gesů in Rome, where Zipoli was organist before leaving to Paraguay – Domenico Zipoli Ensemble and Choir Academia Ars Canendi conducted by Luis Szarán. SORAIMAR Edition SRM 0211.
- CD: L’EREDITŔ DI ZIPOLI (Music in the Jesuitic Reductions in South America – Volume 02) – Live recording of the concert performed on 30 September 2000 at Saint Francis Church in Prato – Domenico Zipoli Ensemble and Choir Academia Ars Canendi conducted by Luis Szarán. SORAIMAR Edition SRM 0212.
- CD: DA CHIQUITOS A LUCERNA (Music in the Jesuitic Reductions in South America – Volume 03) – Live recording of the concert performed on 4 april 2002 at the Jesuitenkirche Franz Xaver in Luzern (Switzerland) – Domenico Zipoli Ensemble and Choir Academia Ars Canendi conducted by Luis Szarán. SORAIMAR Edition SRM 0213.
- CD: MISAS (Music in the Jesuitic and Franciscan Reductions in South America – Volume 04) – Recording made in Valdobbiadene (Italy) on November 2001 – Domenico Zipoli Ensemble and Choir Academia Ars Canendi conducted by Luis Szarán. SORAIMAR Edition SRM 0214.
- CD: VESPRI (Musica delle Riduzioni Gesuitiche del Sud America – Volume 05) – Recording made in Belluno (Italy) at Saint Peter’s Church on 24 April 2005 – Domenico Zipoli Ensemble and Choir Academia Ars Canendi conducted by Luis Szarán. Edition SORAIMAR SRM 0215.
- CD: BAROCKE JESUITENMUSIK aus den Urwäldern Südamerikas – Konzert
am 22 April 2006 in der Jesuitenkirche St. Michael, München, in Zusammenarbeit
mit der Jesuitenmission – Academia Ars Canendi und Domenico Zipoli
Ensemble, Venedig. Sonidos de la Tierra Ensemble, Paraguay. Leitung:
Luis Szarán, Paraguay. – Distributed by DDMedien, München.